Here are some of the cases in which Webster has provided expert testimony (in deposition, hearing, and/or court) in the last few years:
- American Railcar Industries, Inc. v. GyanSys, Inc., US District Court for the Southern District of New York [disputed SAP project]
- StorageCraft Technology v. Persistent Telecom, US District Court for the District of Utah [alleged software copyright infringement]
- GoDaddy.Com, LLC v. RPost Communications Ltd., et al., US District Court for the District of Arizona [alleged software patent infringement]
- HealthNow New York Inc., v. Meridian Technologies, Inc. et al., State of New York County Court: Court of Erie [disputed IT re-engineering project]
- Intellectual Ventures I & II v. Symantec Corp., US District Court for the District of Delaware [alleged software patent infringement]
In addition, Webster has served several times as a neutral expert and in one matter as an arbitrator in disputes involving information technology.
- Webster served as sole arbitrator in an intellectual property dispute between two e-commerce software firms, which agreed (through their respective outside counsel) to abide by his findings. Webster personally conducted reviews of the software architecture, design, and source code of each firm, then issued his findings, which both parties accepted.
- Webster served as a court-selected neutral expert in another intellectual property dispute between two e-commerce software firms. Webster personally reviewed software architecture, design, and source code for evidence of misappropriation, then delivered his findings to the arbitrator (a retired judge).
- Webster served as an agreed-upon neutral expert in an intellectual property dispute between two mobile gaming firms, in advance of mediation. Webster reviewed data, graphics, and source code, then wrote up his finding and delivered them to both sides. The two parties reached an agreement at the mediation session.
- Webster served as a court-selected neutral expert in an intellectual property dispute between professional gambling-hall management software firms. He issued multiple reports of his analysis and was deposed by both sides.
Webster is supported by a select group of independent associates, most with 20+ years of experience in information technology, who can be used to help analyze computer files, documents, and other material, as well as to conduct specific research or apply particular technical expertise to a given matter. Several associates have also served as expert witnesses in litigation. For further information or to request an appropriate CV, please call 303.502.4141 or send e-mail to email@example.com.